Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just another place where u can meet you mates :)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battleground Tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bhaumut
Guardsman
Guardsman
Bhaumut

Male Number of posts : 11
Class : Battleground Tips Hunter_Icon
Race : Battleground Tips INV_Misc_Head_Elf_02
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: Battleground Tips   Battleground Tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:36 am

Thought i'd add some input for newbies to the Battle Grounds study

Objectives vary depending on the BattleGround itself. Capturing/defending your flag, flagging buildings on the map and killing horde reinforcments are just afew cyclops

I've found you gain the most honour points by capturing enenemy flags, defending your own etc, and completeing the main objective killing any horde that dares to get in the way Twisted Evil You gain honour for kills and damage you deal too. But just going for kills/damage alone wont boost your honour by much at all, as i've found out Sad

The horde are alot more organised then us Alliance fellows. They nearly allways group together, so going lone ranger will no likely b short and sweet Sad Sticking in groups will tip the battle in your favour greatly. Mixing groups helps too, idealy 2 warriors/paladins/death knights, 1 hunter Very Happy , 1 mage/druid/warlock/priest and a rouge. But any group you throw together is better then none Very Happy

Hope this helps any of you guys/girls cheers
Back to top Go down
Zabu
Captain
Captain
Zabu

Male Number of posts : 33
Class : Battleground Tips Warrior_Icon
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleground Tips   Battleground Tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 pm

good points... that will help me a lot...
the more i wait to enter my first BG the more scary it looks to me affraid... hehe seems that it needs a lot of practice... and to be really well played it looks like you need to really know who u playing with... for faster comunications and organization in general...
i found this guide <--LINK-->... it scared the crap out of me lol!.... but i found some nice infos... expecially in the second section... it gave me an idea on how BG works...
still the best thing would be to finally join a damned BG... i think i'll go searching for some vodoo rituals or something like that to finally get to join one...
i'm starting to think that the hours i usually play in this period aren't help me that much with BG queues... in these days i'm usually on line from midnight to 8-10 in the morning... lol!
Back to top Go down
https://oldguard.rpg-board.net
Xea
Guild Master
Guild Master
Xea

Male Number of posts : 15
Class : Battleground Tips Paladin_Icon
Race : Battleground Tips IconLarge_Draenei_Male
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleground Tips   Battleground Tips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:22 am

Yes very good points Bhau.

The Horde appear to have fewer players in general and far fewer in BG's than us Alliance. I don't know this for sure, but it's the impression i get.

For example, i'm starting to get to know the names of the Horde players in BG's more so than the Alliance ones, so i would suggest our player base is far larger.

It has also been said (forget where i read this) that in general the Horde attract the more mature players whereas us Alliance end up with more annoying Timmies.

What is the consequence of this? The Horde end up with a tight nit, organised pvp player base made up of the mature gamer. That is why, in my opinion, the Horde win more than they lose in BG's.

A few tips for BG's

The best time to get in is from 5pm to 10pm. Weekends are even better for obvious reasons.

Level your character up to the highest it can be for that level group. This means your characters level should allways have a '9' at the end of it, unless it's Eight Zero Razz There is a good reason for this. If you go into BG's at level 21 for example, you will be facing Horde players with a level potential of 29. This is BAD. Horde already kick arse without us wandering about with 'instagib' written on our heads.

Bring potions, bandages, food and drink and lots of it. Do not go in without it. Use speed potions, they have saved me many times and have also helped me get many kills.

If you're serious about BG's, look up the best pvp talents for your character and spend all your talent points in making your character pvp friendly. If you don't, you'll never be competitive.

Your equipment is important. Have the best you can afford with stats that help pvp play not pve. Often this means stamina will be of more importance. If in doubt, read up on you character to find out.

The little things. These all add up. Sharpen your weapon with sharpening stones. Get powerful enchantments. Add armour kits etc etc. Do EVERYTHING you can to give you and your team the edge.

Look up useful macros and hotkeys and use them. Your abilities should come easily to your fingertips. If you're looking at your keyboard too much or clicking spells and abilities with your mouse you'll end up dead.

STICK TOGETHER. Don't wander about alone.

Eventually i hope that we will be able to field an organised pvp team for BG's. This will be good. When that day arrives we can move onto team tactics. An organised Alliance team is not something the Horde are used to playing against Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xea
Guild Master
Guild Master
Xea

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleground Tips   Battleground Tips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:30 am

Another thing. PRACTICE.

Take every opportunity to pvp. Duel as much as you can. Do not be afraid to lose, it's all good experience.

In order to succeed in pvp you must know your enemy.
Back to top Go down
Lothney
Guardsman
Guardsman
Lothney

Female Number of posts : 12
Class : Battleground Tips Druid_Icon

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: BG as a druid or another healer.   Battleground Tips Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:16 pm

You can play 2 different types of bg games as a druid.
Either you play the bear or the cat wich are more aggressive (bear as a tank or the cat that gives a lot of damage) or you can play as a druid and heal.

I always checked in the beginning how many healers we had in our group before I decided what to play.
I do not anymore. I have learned, on my lvl (20-29) of bg's, that the healers in general are relly bad at healing. scratch They just run after the flag and wants to kill as much as possible. (And they only heal themselves)
I have got the most honorpoints in our group almost every time playing as a healer. queen If you heal someone, you will always get in on that kill. The only thing you won't really get that much is damage done or killingblows (last strike).

Something negative with beeing a healer is that you will have to take care of yourself. You keep to the group, but they do not really notice you if you stand behind them. They run fast forward to get the next kill.
The hords are also really good at tracking you down, they can see you heal and they do not like it. Evil or Very Mad
So try to keep up with your group for protection or you are dead.... lol!
Always bring a lot of mana potions... you will need it. Wink
And.... do not forget to heal yourself from time to time. I have died a few times because I have been so focused on the others that I forgot myself. geek

I do not know how it will be when I get up to the next lvl of bg but for 20-29 this seems to work for a druid or another healer.

xxxxxx Loth

Last edited by Lothney on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lothney
Guardsman
Guardsman
Lothney

Female Number of posts : 12
Class : Battleground Tips Druid_Icon

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleground Tips   Battleground Tips Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 pm

One more thing though.... BG´s is a great place to practise your skills as a bear or cat so take the opportunity to do that aswell. Wink
Back to top Go down
Xea
Guild Master
Guild Master
Xea

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleground Tips   Battleground Tips Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Very good points Loth.

Having played a healer in BG's i know exactly what you mean. You do however mention something that is important if you are after honour.

If you heal, buff or assist a team mate in BG's in any way..and that team mate then goes on to get a kill, you also get a kill! So keep buffing and healing and assisting others.

Honour will soon follow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battleground Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleground Tips   Battleground Tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battleground Tips
Page 1 of 1